Pinkerton Consulting and Investigations
In 1850 Allan Pinkerton established a private detective agency called “Pinkerton National Detective Agency.”
Pinkerton became famous during the civil war when Abraham Lincoln hired Pinkerton after the Pinkerton Agency foiled the plot to assassinate Lincoln. The services offered at the time where private military contract work, as well as personal security to the President.
In fact at some point there were more agents employed by Pinkerton than the United States entire army, and so Ohio State outlawed the Pinkerton agency since it feared that Pinkerton could become as strong as the militia or a private army.
In the late 19th century some businessmen hired agents from Pinkerton to keep the unionists out of all factories for fear of strikes. Later on Pinkerton agents were hired to guard the iron, coal and lumber disputes that arose in New York, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Illinois.
Today the company is a division of Securitas AB, a Swedish security company and offers the following protective services:
1. Planning and consulting with strategic assessment to protect companies from corporate risks from such things as the raw materials purchasing to the manufacturing and distributing of their products.
2. Proof of Ownership by a company to prevent brand dilution on such products as: beverages, adhesives, perfumes, pesticides, paints and petroleum.
3. Brand integrity implementation such as global brand protection and encouragement of trust among employees within a company.
4. Product authentication by company to clients and employees by addressing such issues as brand substitution, counterfeiting and label modification.
5. Surveillance of undercover operations and monitoring of e-commerce intelligence and online auctions.
Overall Pinkerton Consulting and Invstigations is one of the oldest experienced security consulting agencies and has 45 worldwide offices in such countries as North and South America, Europe and the Far East.
The main goal of the company and its staff is to assist and use their experience in the fields of European security and management sources from the military and police departments.
All work is discretely performed and client lists are neither published nor identified without permission. At Pinkerton Consulting and Investigations, all security guidelines are taken into consideration and all information is strictly confidential.
Author: K. Alders, Background Check Service Reviews